This website is owned and operated by Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. (trading as Tappers Gin).
Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd.
c/o Bertram Burrows
10 Grange Road
Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10101129 and VAT Number GB267363382.
To contact us, complete the contact form on our website.
“TAPPERS®”, “DARKSIDE®”, “SPRINGFEVER®”, “THREE FINE DAYS®”, “FALLING LEAVES®”, “WINTERGREEN®”, “EGGCENTRIC®”, “HYDROPATHIC PUDDING®” and the ‘Dapper Tappers Gent®’ in the Company logo are trademarks belonging to the Company and are registered as such in the United Kingdom. You may not make use of any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) belonging to the Company without express written consent.
Terms of Sale
1 ONLINE ORDERS VIA TAPPERSGIN.COM, NOT ON THE HIGH STREET & AMAZON.CO.UK
By placing an order with Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. (t/a Tappers Gin), you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms of Sale. If you are unhappy with any aspect of these Terms then you should contact us at email@example.com before placing an order with us.
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide during checkout. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
We have taken care to describe and show items as accurately as possible but despite this, slight variations in items may occur. All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the current rates. The element of your order which relates to VAT will be clearly displayed for your information.
Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown elsewhere on this website.
We may refuse at our discretion to accept an order:
1) Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
2) If there has been a pricing or product description error;
3) If you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions;
4) Where goods ordered by you are not available;
5) If we do not deliver to your area;
6) If we feel your order is being placed with the intention of bringing damage or disrepute to our brand – for example, if you are a competitor.
Where we do not accept your order but have processed your payment, we will refund your account with any amount deducted by us from your debit or credit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to pay any additional amount as compensation for disappointment.
By placing an order with us you are confirming that you are over 18. We reserve the right to request proof of age and/or decline to fulfil your order. Orders cannot be dispatched until your age has been verified regardless of shipping option selected.
It is an offence to attempt to buy alcohol if you are under 18 years of age or to buy, or attempt to buy, alcohol for persons under the age of 18.
2 ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
If you order a product which is highlighted as being available for “pre-order”, we will dispatch that item to you on the expected date of release which is listed on our website. Events beyond our control may delay dispatch – if such a situation arises, we will notify you as soon as possible and provide you with a revised estimated date of dispatch.
We will take payment for any item on pre-order as soon as you order it through our website but we will not pay you any interest in respect of the period between the date on which you place the order and the date on which we dispatch the item to you.
You may cancel an order for pre-order items at any time before the item is dispatched. If you choose to cancel the order, we will refund the full amount (including shipping costs).
You may also return an item to us after it has been dispatched to you in accordance with our normal shipping and returns policy.
3 SHIPPING AND RETURNS
We want you to be able to enjoy Tappers Gin as soon as possible, so we do our best to ensure you receive your order promptly
Via courier (ParcelForce)
Mainland UK: 2-3 business days from date of shipping
Non mainland UK: 2-4 business days from date of shipping
International: We currently do not offer delivery outside of the UK – some of our retail partners may be able to assist; please contact us and we can point you in their direction
It is a legal requirement for all packages containing alcohol to be signed for by a responsible adult on receipt. It is not possible for us to take delivery instructions or for our courier (ParcelForce) to leave parcels at doorsteps or with neighbours. You must ensure someone over the age of 18 is available to sign for your delivery on arrival. ParcelForce will leave instructions for you if you are not available when a delivery attempt is made.
If you live within the Wirral, Liverpool or Cheshire region then you can choose to collect your order from the Distillery. Select the ‘Collection’ shipping option on check-out. We will contact you when you have placed your order to arrange a time for you to visit to collect your order.
We want you to be happy with your purchase! If you are not satisfied, please contact us to let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will refund the full value of any product(s) purchased, provided the conditions below are met:
1) You are able to return the product(s) in question to us within 14 days of receipt of your order
2) Unless faulty (e.g. broken, damaged), your items are returned to us in a resalable condition. This means unopened, in the same condition you received them and with any labels and packaging intact
You must contact us first before sending items back to us, so that we can authorise a return and refund: we will then provide you with return instructions.
Faulty items will be replaced at no additional cost.
We are unable to refund the cost of shipping for either the original order or for the return unless the item is faulty.
1) Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. and their agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
2) The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
3) Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
4) Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or inaudible (if made by phone) will not be valid and deemed void.
5) All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
6) Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
7) No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
8) The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
9) The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
10) Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
11) The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
12) In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
13) Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
14) Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
15) Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing by email to the winner(s).
16) Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
17) Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
18) Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
19) The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
20) The Promoter is Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd., Champions Business Park, Arrowe Brook Road, Wirral. CH49 0AB.
21) In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
5 TICKETS INCLUDING VIA TICKETTAILOR.COM
1) Tickets you purchase are for the use of a named individual. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets in breach of the applicable terms. A breach of this condition will entitle us to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
2) To prevent fraud and protect us and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or tickets.
3) You must inform us of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
4) An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
5) The event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a guest at the event. If you have any objection, please contact us at least 14 days prior to the event via the contact details on your ticket.
6) You will receive a confirmation of your booking within 24 hours of purchasing your tickets online. The confirmation will state the date, time and location of the event, together with the number of tickets purchased.
7) You must bring your confirmation document with you to the event, should confirmation of your booking be required.
8) Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, without agreement from us in writing.
9) Tickets are cannot be refunded once purchased except on medical grounds which prevent you from attending the event.
10) If the event is cancelled by us, we will provide you with a full refund in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid (if any). If the event is rescheduled, changed or moved, we will provide you with the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund.
11) Any refund will usually be paid using the same method you used to buy the tickets within 30 days after the original date of the event.
12) No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to the tickets, the venue or the event.
13) We accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage of any kind suffered at or in connection with any event (including loss, damage or theft any personal property at an event).
14) Admission to an event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the venue operator. If you breach those terms, conditions or rules then the venue operator may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue.
15) You will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event). The venue will have the right to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved in abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. There may also be discretionary rules that restrict or prevent the admission of latecomers.
16) We will highlight any terms, conditions or rules relating to an event that we consider particularly significant, onerous or unusual. This will generally include age restrictions and ticket categories.
17) Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular dietary or access requirements please raise these within the notes section when booking and we will endeavour to address your query. This includes for each booking you make. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.tappersgin.com (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1 DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and/or any communications System on the Web Site;
“Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your shopping basket;
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
“personal Data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
“Tappers Gin” means Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd., whose registered office is at Greenbank Road, West Kirby, Wirral. CH48 6DL;
“Service” means any online communications infrastructure that Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User”/”Users” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using (www.tappersgin.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions;
2 DATA COLLECTED
2.2 date of birth;
2.3 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
2.4 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
2.5 financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
2.6 IP address (automatically collected);
2.7 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
2.8 operating system (automatically collected);
2.9 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
2.10 Cookie information.
3 OUR USE OF DATA
3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a period of up to six months. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to or shared with third parties for any purposes.
3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
3.4.1 internal record keeping;
3.4.2 improvement of our products/services;
3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4 THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the GDPR.
5 CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
5.1 Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
6 CONTROLLING ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
6.1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
6.1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
6.2 When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes. This includes the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us either (i) by not giving your consent at the point of providing your details or (ii) by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
7 YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8 ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
8.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data. Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
9.1 Data security is of great importance to Tappers Artisan Spirits Ltd. and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
9.2 We will only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 3, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
9.3 Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
10.2 Before the Web Site sets Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. You will be deemed to have given your consent if you continue to use the Web Site without expressly withdrawing your consent. None of the Cookies set by the Web Site jeopardises your privacy in any way and no personal data is collected. By giving your consent to the setting of our Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you through our Web Site. If you wish to deny your consent to the placing of Cookies, certain features of the Web Site may not function fully or as intended.
10.3 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
10.4 You may delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
10.5 It is recommended that you ensure that your Internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your browser if you are unsure as to how to adjust your privacy settings.
11 CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
12 CONTACTING US